Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. When CO enters the body, it prevents your blood cells from distributing oxygen throughout your body. It is recommended to contact a Fire-Alert professional to insure that your carbon monoxide detector is properly installed. Your carbon monoxide detector will detect this invisible gas that would otherwise go on unnoticed. 

Protect yourself and your family:

1) Have a Fire-Alert professional inspect your fuel burning appliance(s) at least once per year.

2) Have your chimney inspected and cleaned every year.

3) Be sure that your carbon monoxide detector has been certified to the Canadian Standard Association (CSA) CAN/CGA 6.19 standard or the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 2034 standard.

4) Install a carbon monoxide detector in or near the sleeping area(s) of the home.

5) Install the carbon monoxide detector(s) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.


It is important to note, that it is mandatory to have a properly installed carbon monoxide detector in your home. Our Fire-Alert professionals can properly install, service/inspect and suggest the best carbon monoxide detector for you.

 

 

Some of our National Accounts

Follow Us

Head Office Contact

3809 St-Joseph Blvd, Unit 12
Orleans (Ottawa), Ontario
K4A 0Z8

Toll free: 1.877.347.3801
Tel: 613.590.9352
Fax: 613.590.0924

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Fire Protection Consultants in Orleans ON

Subscribe

Please enter your email address to receive our news